A new day has come for Celine Dion and husband Rene Angelil. Ten months after she announced that she was taking some time off to care for her longtime love as he recovered from surgery to remove a cancerous tumor, the "I Drove All Night" diva is getting ready to return to the stage with new shows in Las Vegas later this year. And no one is happier about that than Angelil.
Dion, 47, told Entertainment Tonight this week that her husband of 20 years is "doing really well" in his battle with throat cancer. "We know the path that he's going, the treatments," she shared. "I knew he was amazing. He's such a champ. He's working hard on that."
Not just that, though. According to Dion, Angelil, 73, is helping to plan her set at Caesars Palace, where she'll resume her Vegas residency on Aug. 27.
"[Rene's] strong. We're creating this show together," she told ET. "We make changes together. He wants me back. He wants me strong, and this is what we're doing together."
Angelil's cancer fight has been a tough one for the couple, who share three sons, Rene-Charles, 14, and twins Eddy and Nelson, 4. Earlier this year, in March, Dion told ABC News that her husband had to use a feeding tube.
"We are taking life one day at a time," she said. "But we are choosing to live."
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!