Long before she became a Gladiator on Scandal, Darby Stanchfield was fighting off bald eagles in the Alaskan wilderness. Here, the actress, 43, fills Us in on that and 24 other things you might not know about her.
1. I would rather be working than be on vacation. Always.
2. I’ve talked my way out of five speeding tickets.
3. I text with my dad during every Scandal episode. We talk story lines, acting, and fashion.
4. My favorite candy bar is a PayDay.
5. I feel better in high heels than in flats.
6. My nickname is “Darbs.”
7. My nickname when I’m really hungry is “Drabby.”
8. I am an avid NBA fan.
9. I was born and raised in Alaska. First Kodiak, then Dutch Harbor.
10. I’m the most organized person I know. You can name any article in my house, and I can tell you where it is without looking.
11. My cat, Nutmeg, was snatched up by a bald eagle when I was a kid.
12. I’m a napping pro.
13. I caught my first king salmon when I was in fourth grade.
14. I prefer to look ahead instead of looking back.
15. My great-uncle Walt Stanchfield was a famous animator who worked for Walt Disney.
16. I’ve written in a journal consistently for the past 25 years.
17. I’d rather make a fast exit at a party than say a round of goodbyes.
18. Gardening makes me happy. I like to grow my own vegetables and herbs, and plant fruit trees wherever I am living.
19. I try to eat more green vegetables than any other food group.
20. My biggest hobby is cooking. I spend a lot of time in my kitchen.
21. I am a do-it-yourself type of gal.
22. I’m addicted to doing Pilates — and going on long runs on the open road with no music.
23. I’ve always secretly wanted a mohawk.
24. My mom and sister are both successful painters.
25. I’ve never watched an episode of Survivor, American Idol, or The Bachelor.
Scandal airs on ABC Thursdays at 9 p.m.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!