Elon Musk Denied Entry to A-List Met Gala 2016 Afterparty: Report

Elon Musk
Musk Ramin Talaie/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Not on the list! Tech mogul Elon Musk was reportedly denied entry into an A-list Met Gala 2016 afterparty in New York City on Monday, May 2, according to Page Six.

A source told the outlet that Musk, 44, and his model mom, Maye — who both attended the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala earlier in the night — waited outside downtown Manhattan’s Standard hotel in the rain at 1 a.m., but never made it into the exclusive bash held at the hotel’s Boom Boom Room.

“Everyone was shouting and trying to help, saying, ‘He’s Elon Musk!’” an eyewitness told Page Six. “And they were just like, ‘We don’t care, he’s not on the list.’”

Musk, who’s worth $13 billion, according to Forbes, is the cofounder of several multimillion-dollar enterprises, such as Tesla Motors, PayPal and Zip2.

Although the South African–born magnate and his glamorous mom, 68, weren’t able to join the party, the celeb-packed crowd inside — which included Lady Gaga and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen — certainly let loose.

A partygoer tells Us Weekly that the Olsen twins, 29, were really into Gaga’s impromptu performance of the Talking Heads' 1983 hit “Burning Down the House.” The observer tells Us that a nice man helped Gaga superfan Ashley get to the front of the club’s stage. The source adds that, at one point, the Grammy-winning superstar, 30, sang directly to Ashley, who smiled and danced along with a drink in her hand.

Other stars in attendance included Uma Thurman, Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, Taylor Swift, Leonardo DiCaprio, Beyoncé, Kristen Stewart and Emma Watson, among many others. 

Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!

Want stories like these delivered straight to your phone? Download the Us Weekly iPhone app now!