Already have an account?
Get back to the

Jennifer Lawrence Slams “Malarkey” David O. Russell Fight Rumor in Rare Facebook Post

Jennifer Lawrence and David O. Russell
Jennifer Lawrence said she isn't fighting with David O. Russell. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Jennifer Lawrence shared a rare Facebook post on Friday, Feb. 27, to shoot down a rumor concerning herself and David O. Russell. 

"Hey guys! It's Jen!" the Oscar winner, 24, began. "I know I don't go on here a lot because I can barely work email but there's been a terrible rumor going around the last 24 hours so I wanted to clear it up."

PHOTOS: Celebrity Feuds: The Biggest Ever!

Read article

Said rumor involved a reported spat between Lawrence and director Russell, 56. Reports began to circulate that the two, who previously collaborated on films like Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle, had gotten into it on the set of their third movie together, Joy

PHOTOS: Jennifer Lawrence's Best Dresses

Read article

"David O. Russell is one of my closest friends and we have an amazing collaborative working relationship," Lawrence wrote. "I adore this man and he does not deserve this tabloid malarkey. This movie is going great and I'm having a blast making it!"

PHOTOS: Jennifer Lawrence's Early Modeling Pictures

Read article

Lawrence is notoriously absent from social media and rarely comments on stories involving her personal life. A representative for Fox 2000 reportedly told TMZ, which also reported that Hollywood honcho Harvey Weinstein was involved in the fight, that Lawrence was screaming on the set but it was a part of her method acting strategy for the film. 

Russell has yet to comment on the rumored drama. 

For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!