Disorder in the court!
Lil Wayne was scolded by a judge Monday after failing to appear at a hearing in his case against Quincy Jones III, the filmmaker son of legendary music producer Quincy Jones Jr., TMZ reports.
The "A Milli" MC, 30 — whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. — is suing Jones, 43, over what he says is the unauthorized use of his music in The Carter, a 2009 documentary about his life. Wayne was supposed to testify on Oct. 29 after missing a previously scheduled court date but stayed home to recover from his recent health scare.
The Young Money founder suffered a medical emergency aboard his private jet Oct. 25 and was hospitalized in Texas after the plane made an emergency landing. A rep for the rapper said he had been successfully treated for a severe migraine and dehydration, but TMZ alleges that he experienced "several seizure-like episodes" and was re-hospitalized in Louisiana on Friday.
In any case, Wayne's health appears to be taking its toll on his trial against Jones. Without the MC's in-person testimony, the jury will have to rely on his deposition tapes, which show the rapper being uncooperative and giving glib answers to the opposing counsel's questions.
TMZ reports that the judge presiding over the hearing chastised Wayne for displaying "unreasonable conduct in the deposition" and "irresponsible behavior."
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!