A lawyer representing the singer told a judge in London’s High Court on Friday, March 11, that the “Material Girl” singer, 57, hopes to “heal the wounds” that have been created by her strained relationship with Rocco, 15, by ending the bitter custody battle.
Rocco attended the court hearing alone on Friday, but both Ritchie, 47, and Rocco were present at the court hearing on Thursday; Madonna was unable to attend, as she is currently on tour in Australia.
According to The Telegraph, David Williams QC told the judge that Madonna “doesn’t wish for these proceedings in England to continue any longer than necessary.”
“What she has always sought to date is to find a way in which this family can come together to heal the wounds which have been inflicted on the family in the past four months or so,” he continued. “She wants to chart a course for Rocco and the family to help put this behind them and restore peace to the family.”
Earlier this month, both Madonna and Ritchie called into a court hearing in New York City, during which New York Supreme Court Justice Deborah Kaplan urged both sides to consider Rocco’s well-being in their words and actions.
“Frankly, both parties have chosen to live their lives in a very public way and may welcome publicity, but the child has not,” Kaplan said. “He would like this matter resolved and the issues concerning him and his family in the most private way possible.”
In December, Madonna went to court to demand that Rocco return to live with her in New York City after he refused to return to the States following a holiday visit with his father in London.
The pop icon shared a series of somber selfies as a way to plea with her son, arguing that her director ex was being a bad influence on Rocco.
“He taught his son that obeying court orders … is not necessarily important,” a lawyer for Madonna said during the early March hearing. “That is one of the most serious things that has happened in this case.”
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!