Oscar-winner and film icon Michael Douglas, whose newest film, Ant-Man, is in theaters now, shared 25 surprising—and star-studded—facts about himself with Us Weekly.
1. I am an avid Formula One fan. My team is McLaren.
2. I have my pilot’s license.
3. I always had terrible stage fright in my early years, and needed to keep a bucket right off the stage.
4. I have a hot rod: It’s a ’33 Ford with a 327 Chevy engine.
5. I played football in high school.
6. I starred in a movie with Jodie Foster [called Napoleon and Samantha] when she was 9 years old.
7. I love coleslaw.
8. I went to acting school with Blythe Danner, had a production company with her late husband, Bruce, and starred in a film with her daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow.
9. I am a news and sports junkie when it comes to watching TV.
10. I worked in a gas station and was Mobil Man of the Month when I was 20 years old.
11. I am building a family-style hotel, Ariel Sands, in Bermuda.
12. Ant-Man is the first special-effects movie I have made in my career.
13. My NYC acting school roommate was Danny DeVito.
14. People associate me with big cities because of my movies, but I prefer to live in the country.
15. I am an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person.
16. I am a golf whore.
17. One of my favorite movies of all time is Lili, starring Leslie Caron.
18. I make my own wine in Majorca, Spain.
19. I went away to boarding school when I was 14 — and actually enjoyed it.
20. I didn’t have a college major until junior year.
21. I can make great pancakes.
22. I read at least two newspapers every day.
23. I was asked twice to be the head of two major Hollywood studios.
24. I am a big jazz fan.
25. The first time I ever met Catherine Zeta-Jones, I told her I was going to be the father of her children.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!