Oscar-winner and film icon Michael Douglas, whose newest film, Ant-Man, is in theaters now, shared 25 surprising—and star-studded—facts about himself with Us Weekly.
1. I am an avid Formula One fan. My team is McLaren.
2. I have my pilot’s license.
3. I always had terrible stage fright in my early years, and needed to keep a bucket right off the stage.
4. I have a hot rod: It’s a ’33 Ford with a 327 Chevy engine.
5. I played football in high school.
6. I starred in a movie with Jodie Foster [called Napoleon and Samantha] when she was 9 years old.
7. I love coleslaw.
8. I went to acting school with Blythe Danner, had a production company with her late husband, Bruce, and starred in a film with her daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow.
9. I am a news and sports junkie when it comes to watching TV.
10. I worked in a gas station and was Mobil Man of the Month when I was 20 years old.
11. I am building a family-style hotel, Ariel Sands, in Bermuda.
12. Ant-Man is the first special-effects movie I have made in my career.
13. My NYC acting school roommate was Danny DeVito.
14. People associate me with big cities because of my movies, but I prefer to live in the country.
15. I am an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person.
16. I am a golf whore.
17. One of my favorite movies of all time is Lili, starring Leslie Caron.
18. I make my own wine in Majorca, Spain.
19. I went away to boarding school when I was 14 — and actually enjoyed it.
20. I didn’t have a college major until junior year.
21. I can make great pancakes.
22. I read at least two newspapers every day.
23. I was asked twice to be the head of two major Hollywood studios.
24. I am a big jazz fan.
25. The first time I ever met Catherine Zeta-Jones, I told her I was going to be the father of her children.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!