Cheer up, lads! One Direction have finally given their first interview since the departure of Zayn Malik. Speaking to The Sun, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Niall Horan admitted that it's been difficult to deal with, but they are trying to stay positive for the future.
"It's been a tough few weeks, probably the toughest since the band was formed five years ago," Payne said in the British newspaper piece, published on Friday, April 3. "We're gutted that Zayn chose to leave, but now after a few performances as a four-piece, we're feeling confident and are determined to carry on stronger than ever."
Tomlinson added: "All four of us are 100 percent committed to staying in 1D."
Malik announced his exit late last month, which left millions of fans crushed. But he's since been working on new music — and so have his former bandmates. "It's very exciting to be working on our fifth album," Styles said. "It shows how incredible the fans have been. A huge thank you to them for everything they've done for us. All the love to them."
Up next, the group will play shows in Vienna, Oslo, and Helsinki. They also have a handful of scheduled U.S. performances this summer.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!