In a show of solidarity with the people of Boston, Prince Harry did not hesitate to make his planned appearance at the London marathon on Sunday, which was scheduled well before the bombings last week in the U.S. The prince was on hand to present medals to the winners of the 26-mile race.
"The way that Boston has dealt with it has been absolutely remarkable," Harry told a reporter for the BBC.
"And a really important message, I think, immediately after the bombings, is that your people said you were going to be here; there was no way you weren't going to be at the finish," the reporter then responded.
"No, not at all, it was never an option, as far as I was concerned," the prince answered. "There was rumors here and there, but everyone who was planning on coming is still here. No one's changed any plans … It was always going to be really well-run, and it is. It's typically the British way … the way the London Marathon has been run for years."
It was a busy weekend for Harry. On Friday, he participated in a press conference at the launch of the Walking With The Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge to announce that he'd participate in a trek to the South Pole in Antarctica with wounded war veterans this November.
More Celebrity Features on Yahoo!:
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!