Baby's first vacation! As Us Weekly revealed early last month, Prince William and Kate Middleton are planning to go on a spring 2014 tour with son Prince George. During an appearance at the Anglesey Show on Wednesday, Aug. 14, The Duke of Cambridge, 31, suggested that the travel plans are in the works.
While chatting with Adelaide, Australia couple Maxine, 75, and Max Davies, 77, William said, "We're hoping to go there next year."
An insider told Us last month, "The trip is planned for Australia and New Zealand." (William's late mother, Princess Diana, took him on a trip to Australia with Prince Charles in 1983, when he was nine months old.)
During his appearance in Anglesey, where he was previously stationed during his stint at the Royal Air Force Base, William made his first public speech since welcoming son George on July 22. "Catherine is sorry that she cannot be here today at the County Show," he said of his wife, 31. "But she and George would have loved to have been here. He's pretty loud but of course very good looking!"
The new dad also made a joke about adjusting to parenthood. "I have to say that I thought Search and Rescue duties over Snowdonia were physically and mentally demanding, but looking after a three week-old baby is up there!" he quipped.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!