These days, you can cheer on Shaun White as he goes for the gold in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics for Team USA. Here, the 27-year-old three-time Olympic snowboarder shares with Us Weekly 25 things you might not have known about him.
1. I cut my hair a year ago and most people still don't realize it.
2. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
3. I give good hugs.
4. I skied before I snowboarded.
5. But as a kid, I wasn't allowed to have poles because I hit people with them.
6. I'm named after South African pro surfer Shaun Tomson.
7. I once got a hole in one doing the Happy Gilmore swing.
8. I almost missed the press conference after winning the gold medal in 2010.
9. I love rearranging furniture.
10. I'm not a huge sports fan.
11. I enjoy rom-coms.
12. My snowboarding coach is also an ice sculptor.
13. I drank moonshine out of a jar Johnny Knoxville handed to me one night. I don't recall anything else from that evening.
14. I write down my snowboard runs on hotel stationery while in the bathtub.
15. I play guitar in a band called Bad Things. Our debut album is out now.
16. I can't put food in my mouth unless I touch it with my tongue first.
17. I've never lived in the mountains.
18. I was a stunt double on a Disney show called The Jersey.
19. I always eat random airport Chinese food and regret it.
20. The day before competing at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, I skipped practice and went kayaking.
21. At age 7, I signed a sponsorship deal with Burton Snowboards. I'm still with them.
22. My dog, Rambo, appears on clothes for my Target line.
23. Steffi Graf once flew me to Idaho to snowboard as a birthday surprise for Andre Agassi.
24. I have a green thumb.
25. I've never gone to a prom…but I get asked a lot on Twitter.
For more on the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi — including personal stories from the Team USA athletes, and tons of photos — pick up Us Weekly's special Olympics bookazine!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!