Gymnast Simone Biles is poised to make history this week as she goes for gold in five events at the Rio Olympics — team all-around, individual all-around, vault, beam and floor. To get to know her off the floor, Us Weekly asked Biles, 19, to share 25 things you don’t know about her.
1. I am one of four children. I have one sister and two brothers.
2. I have four German shepherds that I love so much. Their names are Maggie, Atlas, Lily and Bella.
3. The last concert I attended was Taylor Swift — it was amazing!
4. My favorite color is purple.
5. I am so proud of my father, who served in the Air Force for 21 years.
6. I am a Justin Bieber fan.
7. I love to travel. My favorite place is Belize, which is where my mom is from.
8. I actually don’t mind going fishing. My favorite place — and the only place I fish — is in Belize!
9. I have such a crush on Zac Efron.
10. And basically, my favorite movie is any movie with Zac Efron in it.
11. To get pumped in the morning, I blast music. I highly recommend it if you need motivation.
12. I have my own signature GK Elite leotard line.
13. When I have downtime, I love to watch Pretty Little Liars and Beverly Hills, 90210 reruns.
14. I sometimes travel with a statue of my patron saint, Saint Sebastian (patron saint of athletes).
15. I would love to learn how to snowboard.
16. When I get a day off, my perfect day would be just hanging out at the beach with friends.
17. Gymnast Dominique Moceanu is a great inspiration to me.
18. My first experience with gymnastics was when I was in daycare. We took a field trip to a gym and I was hooked.
19. My favorite routine is the floor.
20. I always have a Strawberry Banana Core Power Shake after my morning workout!
21. Gymnastics is just one part of my life, and I’m having as much fun with it as possible. At some point, I’ll have to go get a real job.
22. At competitions, I always look out into the crowd to find my family.
23. I collect turtles (my lucky charms)!
24. I believe in setting goals. I keep a journal with both short- and long-term goals.
25. I cannot keep still, and I am always dancing.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!