CGI can’t hold her back! In the past six years, Zoe Saldana has helped successfully launch three blockbuster franchises: Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Trek. With sequels announced for each, the married mom of two will be all over the big screen for years to come.
Saldana, 38, has built a versatile acting résumé that includes performances as a gutsy ballet dancer in Center Stage, Britney Spears’ sassy buddy in Crossroads and a vengeful assassin in the action thriller Colombiana. She has the skills to pull off any genre, whether disguised by CGI or not.
Before she reprises her role as Lieutenant Uhura in Star Trek Beyond, which hits theaters on July 22, Saldana shared 25 interesting facts about herself with Us Weekly!
1. I’ve been told I have a real knack for impersonating people.
2. I love to sing, especially to my boys, Bowie and Cy [19 months].
3. I got my driver’s license when I was 30.
4. My first job was at Burger King.
5. What I miss most about NYC is the nearness of everything.
6. My favorite app on my phone is FaceTime. It’s the best way to spend time with the twins when they aren’t on set with me.
7. Asian food is my favorite.
8. I still don’t know how I feel about being the only female in the house.
9. My current favorite artists are Anohni, Carla Morrison and Christine and the Queens.
10. Instagram is currently my most used social media app on my phone.
11. My favorite way to end the day is with a beautiful glass of wine or a decadent bowl of green grapes.
12. I prefer lunch food for breakfast.
13. My ideal day is spent with family. Everyone is well rested, in a great mood, laughing at each other's jokes. It’s 78 degrees, food comes out on time — perfectly cooked. After the day is over, we all say goodbye, grateful.
14. My favorite city is Paris.
15. Humility inspires me.
16. Sake gets me in trouble.
17. My sisters [Cisely and Mariel] are my best friends. We run a production company, Cinestar Pictures, together.
18. I love routines.
19. I like doing my own stunts.
20. I don’t have feeling in one of my fingers after almost losing it when I fell off my bike as a kid.
21. My current indulgence is meditation.
22. I don’t like it when my nails are long.
23. My favorite days of the week are Thursday and Friday. People are usually in a better mood.
24. I’m always meticulous about hygiene.
25. My husband, Marco [Perego], Cy and Bowie are my everything.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!