Bret Michaels, 47, (he just finished his latest reality show, VH1's Life As I Know It) gives UsMagazine.com a backstage tour of his life.
1. As a type 1 diabetic, I've taken more than 250,000 injections and blood tests.
2. I lost my virginity at a fish hatchery.
3. I am very superstitious about the way I enter and exit the stage.
4. I feel lucky to be one of the 20 percent of people to survive the type of brain hemorrhage I had.
5. I have three daughters: Raine, 10, Jorja, 5, and a sponsored child named Mizosi, 11.
6. I wrote "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" in a Laundromat in Dallas.
7. My first career choice was to race motorcross.
8. I was born in Pittsburgh and am a Steelers, Pirates, Penguins and Pitt fanatic.
9. I wrote and produced a song for Stevie Nicks.
10. I support our troops, as most of my family served in the military.
11. I learned to play music by ear.
12. I love throwing a backstage bus party every night.
13. I snipped the umbilical cord when Raine and Jorja were born.
14. I'm addicted to peanut butter.
15. I suffer from insomnia since my brain hemorrhage.
16. I graduated with only a GED, but with determination I won NBC's Celebrity Apprentice.
17. I love humor and am very self-deprecating.
18. I have dogs, horses, cats, rats, etc. I love animals!
19. I hate cocky, arrogant, self-centered people.
20. I created a line of Dean Guitars.
21. I am a rocker who loves country music.
22. I will have heart surgery in January.
23. I still play music for the love of it.
24. I party in the big city but must live in the country.
25. I truly believe you have to make every day count. After the year I have had, you have to trust me on that one.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!