Jillian Michaels, take a breather.
Work Out's Jackie Warner is back on Bravo with her new body improvement series, Thintervention, guiding eight adults on their quest for a fitter figure and healthier lifestyle. And there's a familiar face among those who seek to drop unwanted pounds: Former Real Housewives of Orange County star Jeana Keough!
Ahead of the show's Sept. 6 premiere, UsMagazine.com recaps the biggest reasons to tune into the first episode.
1. While she could be abrasive on her prior series, Work Out, Warner proves to be the Anti-Jillian Michaels on Thintervention. Treating her flabby clients with compassion and smarts, Warner acts as part boot camp instructor, part therapist. And doesn't seem as scary to actually train with compared to Biggest Loser's Michaels.
2. Jeana Keough returns! The divorced former Real Housewives of Orange County star (and ex Playboy centerfold) makes a triumphant return to the network. (As Keough explains it, she'd either participate in Warner's series or the Millionaire Matchmaker). What's more, Keough's presence will satisfy those Housewives devotees jonesing for a fix after the New Jersey installment wraps its season.
3. If Keough's story isn't compelling enough, try Nikki Wood's on for size: The 39-year-old aims to drop 50 pounds, but has yet to meet a happy hour she doesn't like. Deeming Warner a "psycho" after the trainer asks her to run two miles, Wood, full of snippy zingers worthy of Last Comic Standing, wonders if she can run to her favorite watering hole in that distance.
4. Forget running on the treadmill 'til you puke — on Thintervention, Warner offers diet and fitness tips even the most out of shape Average Joe can put into practice. The fitness guru really cares about her clients, and it shows. But the cast members — who frequently get ambushed by Warner for office and social check-ups — aren't willing to take her advice without a fight. "F–k you," snipes one after Warner banishes all sugar from his diet.
5. Lastly, let's face it: Jackie Warner has abs that could make even The Situation jealous. We can really get behind the advice of a trainer who tells Us she thinks crunches are a "waste of time." (Alas, don't think she's letting you off easy — Warner opts for push-ups over crunches to whittle her middle).
Thintervention premieres Sept. 6 at 10 p.m./ET on Bravo.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!