Although she's known as Dakota Fanning's little sister, Elle Fanning is a rising star all on her own. The 13-year-old actress, whose movie Super 8 comes out in theaters Friday, has already spent nearly a decade on the big screen. (She plays Alice Dainard in the Steven Spielberg-produced sci-fi thriller.) See what else there is to know about the teen starlet below.
1. She's been in more than 10 films including Babel (2006), Reservation Road (2007), and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) with some of Hollywood's most notable actors like Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson, Brad Pitt, and Jeff Bridges. Her big-screen debut came in 2001, where she portrayed a two-year-old Lucy Diamond Dawson in I Am Sam, whose older character was played by her sister, Dakota, now 17.
2. She has followed in her sister's footsteps, and hasn't looked back once. The Georgia-born starlet moved to L.A. when her family moved out west for Dakota's acting career. She was only two years old, but began filming movies almost immediately. "I grew up seeing her do it, so I wanted to try it too!” she told Teen Vogue in 2010.
3. She's a mini-fashionista. Fanning has been spotted in Marc Jacobs and vintage finds from her fave L.A. boutique, Playclothes. Her style icons include Alexa Chung and Marilyn Monroe. And according to Teen Vogue, she's a "total fashion nerd" who pays close attention to the runway shows during fashion week.
4. If she wasn't an actress, she'd be a ballet dancer. In her downtime, Fanning loves to practice ballet, but admitted to Interview magazine in 2010, that even if she practices ballet five days a week, being really good at it "would be the hardest thing ever."
5. She already has an award under her belt! Fanning was recognized this past May with the Film Actress of the Year Award during the 2011 Young Hollywood Awards in L.A. May 20.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!