Hit the Floor star Dean Cain, whose series premieres its third season on January 18, shared 25 interesting facts about himself with Us Weekly.
1. I am adopted.
2. I’ve never met my biological father.
3. I am a quarter Japanese.
4. I’m a middle child.
5. I grew up in Malibu with Sean Penn, Chris Penn, Rob Lowe, Chad Lowe, Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen and Holly Robinson Peete, among others.
6. I used to be a decent surfer. (Sean Penn was a great surfer.)
7. I graduated from Princeton University with a bachelor’s degree in history.
8. I was an All-American football player at Princeton.
9. I still hold two NCAA records: My career interceptions per game average was 0.73, and I had an average of 1.2 interceptions per game in a single season.
10. I love dogs. Cats, not so much.
11. I briefly played professional football for the Buffalo Bills.
12. I’ve had six different surgeries, which explains the “briefly” in my last answer.
13. I cook every day.
14. I’m a writer and have written dozens of scripts. (Three set to go in 2016!)
15. I’m a homebody.
16. I have a 15-year-old son named Christopher, after my adoptive father.
17. My son is my favorite human. I’m 6 feet, and he’s taller than me.
18. I love being a dad.
19. I am fascinated with military history.
20. I’m an avid video game player, especially World of Warcraft and Call of Duty.
21. I love watching football. Any football. Anytime.
22. I cannot stand tailgaters while driving. Seriously, where are you going?
23. I speak decent Spanish.
24. I’m a sucker for a genuine smile — and kindness and happiness.
25. I’m still looking for my future wife.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!