Actress Erika Christensen, who went from Julia Braverman on Parenthood to Betty Beaumontaine on Wicked City, shared 25 fun facts about herself with Us Weekly. The crime drama airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.
1. I grew up in Los Angeles. I love this city.
2. My family is artistic. Dad plays music, mom is a photographer, and my three brothers write, act, paint, and photograph.
3. My family are huge Lakers fans. I’m a big Clippers fan.
4. When I was 5, I was an extra in an episode of Webster.
5. I love etymology.
6. I grew up on classic rock. Now I’m in a hip-hop phase.
7. I love garlic. I’ll eat enough to happily give myself a stomachache.
8. I can do 20 push-ups at a time on a bad day.
9. Growing up, skateboarding culture was a big part of my life.
10. I bought my first car at age 16 — a Honda Accord.
11. When I started acting, I got feedback that I was “green.” I was offended and wondered how they knew.
12. I take a cold shower for at least two minutes daily.
13. My first kiss was in rehearsal for a scene with Erik von Detten.
14. My dream is to do action movies.
15. I’ve been a Scientologist for years. I am all the good things I am because of it.
16. I’ve recently married the loveliest of men [cyclist Cole Maness].
17. We met at a cycling race.
18. We both used to ride an average of 40 miles a day.
19. I’ve had pretty much every color hair.
20. I make a pesto chimichurri sauce that’s good on everything.
21. I’m fairly convincing while speaking Spanish.
22. I’m good at spelling, but until about four years ago, I thought demon had a “d” at the end.
23. I’m also a closet member of the grammar police. I won’t call you out, though.
24. My husband and I recently found homes for two dogs.
25. Some of my favorite performances by actors are Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood and Sam Rockwell in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!