1. I sometimes wear a goatee because I can't grow a full beard.
2. I try to never be late.
3. Sometimes I am late.
4. My first kiss was right after the slow skate at a roller rink in Hamilton, New Jersey.
5. One of my favorite costars remains a half-breed wolf I met on the White Fang set in Alaska.
6. I have three daughters [Maya, 16,Clementine, 6, and Indiana, 3], all born in July.
7. I have a dog named Nina, after Nina Simone, and a cat named Rascal, after the book Rascal by Sterling North.
8. I am a feminist.
9. I hate vacations.
10. Unless my wife hides all the candy and sweets in our house, I will eat them all.
11. I have lived in New York City for 25 years.
12. I am 43 years old and have been in 43 films.
13. I love Mexican food.
14. I won High Times magazine's Best Actor Bong for my performance in Richard Linklater's Tape.
15. My son [Levon, 12] can beat me at table tennis, but I can beat him in basketball. (I'm still taller.)
16. My favorite thing to do is go to the movies. I could, I'd see three films in a day.
17. My mother [Leslie] founded and runs a non-profit in Romania for educational rights for the poor.
18. I have published two novels, Ash Wednesday and The Hottest State.
19. My stepbrother [Patrick Powers] is a member of the Green Berets.
20. I've never had a cavity.
21. I have a motorcycle license but no motorcycle (four kids, remember).
22. My wife [Ryan] says I'm the best lover in the world.
23. My mother says I'm really smart.
24. My kids say I'm the world's best dad.
25. My wife, my mother, and my kids are the smartest people I know.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!