Actress Gabourey Sidibe, who plays Becky on Fox’s Empire (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET), shared 25 unusual facts about herself with Us Weekly.
1. When I was a child, I spoke Wolof and French, but I stopped when I was an angsty adolescent and regret it to this day.
2. I don’t cry while watching sad movies, and I’m really proud of that.
3. I hated the nickname “Gabby” until I was around 13. Then I gave up — but my family still isn’t allowed to call me that.
4. I’ve never seen Titanic. Write that on my tombstone!
5. My celebrity crush checked out my boobs at a wedding once, and I’ve been smug ever since.
6. I get really nervous and sweaty around people I admire.
7. I would be way funnier on Twitter if society was a little more chill.
8. I pretty much only listen to Beyoncé, Rihanna and ‘90s R&B.
9. My first concert was ‘NSync. Pink and Sisqó opened. It was amazing!
10. My ringtone is the theme from Serial.
11. I ride a tricycle around the set. It’s the best investment I’ve ever made.
12. I’m obsessed with adult coloring books. I had an Empire one made as a cast and crew gift.
14. I’ve been trying to stop cursing so much, but I can’t f–king stop because it really makes me feel good.
15. I’m writing a book and it might as well be called Too Many Curses.
16. I’m actually terrified by how honest every chapter I’ve written is.
17. The best advice I’ve heard is to shake hands with rejection. In life, you will fail more than you win, so get used to it and keep moving forward.
18. When I was 16, I couldn’t fall asleep without listening to “Sailing” by ‘NSync.
19. I’m a bad driver, but I’ve got a spunky can-do attitude about it.
20. I live every waking moment in fear that Beyoncé will release an album while I’m asleep or on a long flight.
21. At her concert, I broke down into hysterical tears of joy no less than three times!
22. I fantasize about going to Walt Disney World as a drunk adult in a Star Wars costume.
23. I paid $30 for a framed autograph from both Dan Castellaneta and Homer Simpson at a charity auction.
24. The Sims makes me feel like God, and I like it.
25. Some of my friends think I’m psychic. All of my friends think I’m psycho.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!