Back for another spin around the dance floor! Julianne Hough is returning to Dancing With the Stars, ABC announced on Thursday, Aug. 21.
After competing on the reality show as a pro for five seasons, and making recent appearances as a guest judge, Hough will be one of four regular judges for the upcoming 19th season of Dancing With the Stars.
The actress and dancer, 26, joins a judging panel that already includes alums Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Bruno Tonioli. Us Weekly reported on the possibility of Hough's return earlier this week, when sources confirmed to Us that she was "in talks" with the program.
Hough teased the news via Twitter on Wednesday, Aug. 20, writing that she had a "big announcement" in the works.
"I'm so excited to be back with my Dancing with the Stars family again on a regular basis," the ex-girlfriend to Ryan Seacrest said in a release. "I've always aspired to be an all-around entertainer, whether I'm acting, dancing or singing, and I'm thrilled for this opportunity that will allow me to continue all of those pursuits."
"Derek and I just finished our Move Live on Tour, which reminded me how much I miss the interaction with the dance fans that have been so supportive of me in my career," she added of her brother Derek Hough, who has also competed as a pro on the show and is returning for season 19. "I am warming up the paddles and the sass, and I’m ready to have fun in this new role."
The celebrity competitors for the next season of DWTS will be announced on Thursday, Sept. 4, just days before the Monday, Sept. 15 premiere of season 19.
"We are delighted to welcome Julianne back to the DWTS family," Executive Producer Rob Wade said in a release. "Her blend of ballroom dancing experience and unique judging ability make her the ideal choice for the show, and we are very excited to have her, Carrie Ann, Bruno and Len on board."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!