British rocker Rod Stewart, whose 29th studio album, Another Country, will be released Oct. 23, shared 25 interesting facts about himself with Us Weekly.
1. I suffer from cold feet.
2. I wash my hair every three days. And when I get it cut, I have the hairdresser use a ruler to get the right length.
3. I have a Sunday roast every week with five couples in L.A.
4. I’m a World War II buff.
5. And a CNN junkie.
6. One of my most nerve-wracking concerts was for Queen Elizabeth II. I looked in her eyes as I sang my Great American Songbook standards.
7. I get a stress test once a year.
8. I have eight children. I’m happiest when I have a loud, bustling house.
9. I’ve never laughed harder at a movie than I did for Mr. Hulot’s Holiday.
10. Despite what Ronnie Wood says, I’m not tight. In fact, when I moved, I bought my wife [Penny Lancaster] a teapot.
11. I prefer to record in my house for comfort.
12. My favorite studios used to be based on their closeness to a pub.
13. My favorite chocolate is Cadbury Fruit & Nut.
14. I had my tonsils out at age 7.
15. I once lived with a rat so large that I wanted to put a saddle on it.
16. I wrote an anthem for the Celtic Football Club.
17. In my youth, I was surprisingly lucky with the ladies. My opening line was, “What’s in your handbag, miss?”
18. My dad was a Scottish football supporter, and I am a huge Celtic fan.
19. My manager and I nearly lost our lives when a goose flew into our plane engine after takeoff from Switzerland. We landed safely amidst the pleasant aroma of a roast goose Christmas dinner.
20. I ride a stationary bike to get ready before I hit the stage.
21. The most important holiday for me is Father’s Day — above Christmas.
22. I’m a proud CBE — Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.
23. I created the Couch Game, where kids lean backward as hard as they can to turn the couch over.
24. My son Liam plays professional hockey. It makes me proud seeing Stewart on his jersey.
25. People think I’m singing about myself in “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?” but it’s about a bloke meeting a girl in a club.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!