Braids are pretty easy to figure out, but there’s something about a fishtail braid that makes us nervous to try it ourselves. Although it oozes sex appeal and sophistication, the style looks a little too difficult to try without the help of a stylist. Right? Wrong. Watch the video above for our how-to guide on creating the celeb coveted ‘do worn by Ciara.
Once again, you do not need a glam squad to do this! It’s that easy.
Follow the step-by-step below — you’ll be able to do it in 60 seconds!
1. Pull hair into a low side ponytail and secure with an elastic near the nape of the neck.
2. Divide the tail in half.
3. Take a 1/2-inch strand from one section, cross it over and gather with the other section.
4. Repeat the same motion with hair from the opposite side.
5. Repeat all the way down.
6. Secure ends with another elastic.
7. Slide the bottom elastic down a tiny bit.
8. Pull pieces from the sides and loosen with fingers for a relaxed effect.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!