Easy as 1, 2, 12! Kylie Jenner shared a helpful — and extremely detailed — tutorial for achieving the perfect topknot on her site.
“A topknot is the perfect way to throw your hair up but still look cute,” a video on thekyliejenner.com reads. Take Jenner’s older half-sister Kim Kardashian for example. The mom of North, 3, and Saint, 7 months, with Kanye West rocked a high bun in the Hamptons in New York for a Revolve party Saturday, July 16. "Yes, this is my no extensions vibe lol,” she explained Sunday, July 17, when a fan asked if she would continue to wear her hair up.
Want a Kardashian-Jenner worthy updo of your own? Follow these steps below!
1. Begin with texture spray, texture paste, hooked bungee and a few bobby pins. The hairstylist in Jenner’s video used Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.
2. Apply the spray liberally from root to tip.
3. Pick your position. Do you want your bun high or low?
4. Once you decide, use the hooked bungee to secure your strands.
5. Wrap the bungee around your ponytail three times, then fasten the hook.
6. Per a stylist’s tip in the video, “Push a rattail comb under any bumps and slide them up to reshape your hair.”
7. Apply the paste to your ponytail with your hands for better control.
8. Split your ponytail into two sections.
9. Instead of twisting them together, assemble them away from each other.
10. Once your sections are twisted separately, bring them together and wrap it around the base.
11. Secure your bun with bobby pins all over.
12. Brush a few strands out around your hairline for a messier look.
Jenner has become a pro at explaining simple procedures with plenty of description. On Monday, July 11, she shared her “low-key hard” makeup routine that involved 22 parts. And last September, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star shared her favorite skincare and beauty products with The New York Times. She spends a minimum of $1,600 on her staples.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!