Octavia Spencer may have famously worn three pairs of Spanx shapewear to the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards, but beauty doesn’t always have to be that painful.
“Celebs who [don shape wear] are just like Us — we’re all in the same boat,” Us Weekly Fashion Director Sasha Charnin Morrison explains of A-listers like Spencer, who never hit the red carpet without their undergarment go-tos. “They always look so comfortable and I’m always wanting to know what they’re wearing underneath.”
Here, Charnin Morrison highlights her top celeb and stylist-loved picks for comfortable undergarments to keep you looking sleek and feeling sexy this summer.
1. Vassarette Microfiber Wire-Free Bra: Made with ultra-soft microfiber fabric for comfort, the seamless bra is lightly padded to enhance cleavage.
2. Slim Cognito: This Spanx undergarment firms the tummy, hips, thighs and tush, and with its anti-bulge fabric at the thighs, is perfect to show off that pulled together and sucked in look without that girdle, boned shaper feel.
3. Pink Skinny Britches shorts: Also made by Spanx, these lightweight slimming shorts eliminate pinching or binding and offer a pop of color as alternative to the normal nude.
4. Spoil Me Cotton tank: The Spanx-designed bodysuit shapes the top part of your body without leaving you feeling like your rib cage is going to burst.
5. The MANX: This Spanx compression T-shirt designed just for men firms your chest, narrows and slims the waist and supports the back. It also keeps you cool.
For more of Charnin Morrison’s shape wear picks — and details on the go-to curve hugging dress all the celebs are rocking this season — watch the exclusive video above now!
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube!