Her character sports a no-nonsense side braid in The Hunger Games, but for the film's star-studded red carpet premiere, Jennifer Lawrence went for a more glam style, courtesy of Dove celeb stylist Mark Townsend. Here, he breaks down the steps to recreating the emebellished updo.
1. Apply a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse ($4.89, soap.com) to damp hair.
2. Using a large round brush and a blow dryer, blow dry hair.
3. Once dry, take 3-inch sections of hair and spray each with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray ($4.49, walgreens.com) before wrapping the piece around a 1-inch curling iron.
4. Spray Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax ($7.99, ulta.com) all over to give the hair second-day texture.
5. Take two thin embellished headwraps (Townsend used Jennifer Behr headwraps, $250 each) and braid them into hair.
6. Using bobby pins, wrap and pin the braid into a bun. (Pro tip: spray Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo $4.49, walgreens.com) on pins for extra hold!)
7. Finish by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray ($4.89, soap.com) all over to keep hair in place all night.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!