At the 2012 Golden Globes last month, the stars stepped out in gorgeous gowns teamed with even prettier hairstyles. Here, A-list stylists tell Us Weekly how to re-create three of the evening's award-winning 'dos just in time for your next date night.
Nicole Richie's Retro Ponytail
1. Spritz roots all over with texture-building dry shampoo (try Suave Professional Keratin Infusion dry shampoo, $4.50, drugstore.com), says the star's stylist Jenny Cho.
2. Comb forward a few inches of hair along the crown; gather remaining hair and fasten in a high ponytail. Tease loose hair.
3. Wrap 1-inch sections of hair from each side around the pot and pin underneath; brush back remaining hair. Run a flatiron (try FHI Heat Go flatiron, $80, fhiheat.com) over bangs.
Kate Winslet's Woven Chignon
1. Work a dollop of volumizing mousse through wet hair, says the Contagion actress' hair pro Renato Campora.
2. Comb a deep side part and blow-dry hair straight. Using a 1-inch curling iron (try Remington Style 1-inch Curling Iron, $10, remingtonproducts.com), form tight waves all over.
3. Secure hair at the nape with an elastic. Twist 1-inch sections of the ponytail and pin, creating a low chignon. Spritz with flexible-hold hairspray (try Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray, $25, fekkai.com).
Salma Hayek's Va-Va-Voom Curls
1. Smooth a drop of styling cream (try Nuance Salma Hayek Blue Agave Curl Cream, $10, cvs.com) on wet hair. Blow-dry with a large round brush (try John Frieda Thermal Round Brush, $15, drugstore.com) to amp up body.
2. Twirl 2-inch sections away from face with a small barrel curling iron. "If you have long hair, coils should be tight -- they will relax later," says the Puss in Boots star's pro Robert Vertica.
3. Loosen ringlets with fingers, and set style with a shot of hair spray.
To complete your Valentine's Day look, try one of these sexy makeup how-tos.