Eat Like Celebs With a Recipe from Star Chef Wolfgang Puck
For the past 14 years, Wolfgang Puck has fed the stars at his famed post-Oscars banquet -- not to mention his hotspots in L.A., Las Vegas and elsewhere like WP24, Spago, and CUT.
Check out his quick and delicious salad using the peak-season fruit topped with homemade dressing.
BARTLETT PEAR AND PROSCIUTTO SALAD WITH EISWEIN VINAIGRETTE
Total time: 15 min.
- 2 tbs. ice wine (Eiswein) or other sweet white dessert wine
- 1 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
- salt and freshly ground peppers
- 4 ripe Bartlett pears -- halved, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 lb. burrata (cream-filled mozzarella) or fresh buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature, cut into 4 slices
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups micro-arugula (1 1/2 ozs)
In a small bowl, combine the ice wine, olive oil and Champagne and balsamic vinegars and season with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, drizzle the sliced pear with 1 1/2 tbs. of the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on plates. Set a slice of burrata on the melon and drizzle the plates with 1 tbs. of the dressing.
Drape a slice of prosciutto over the cheese. In the shallow dish, toss the arugula with the remaining dressing. Top the salads with the arugula and serve right away.