The key to shedding pregnancy pounds is setting goals, star trainer Ramona Braganza -- who whipped Jessica Alba into shape after she gave birth to Honor -- tells UsMagazine.com.
Alba "trained six days a week and used a heart-rate monitor that included calorie counting. One of our goals was to see if we could burn 500 calories in a workout," says Braganza of the actress, 28, who was voted "Best Post-Baby Body" in UsMagazine.com and Gold's Gym's first-ever Hollywood's Hottest Bodies Awards.
But you have to start slow. Alba hit the gym just two weeks after giving birth (a doctor okayed it) with 20-minute workouts for the first few weeks, which she gradually increased to an hour after two to three months, Braganza says.
Braganza created a circuit-training program for Alba "to keep [the workout] from getting boring," she tells Us. Below, a few of her moves, which she recommends doing back-to-back to keep your heart rate up:
1. 10-Minute Cardio Blast: Walk at a 2.0 incline on a treadmill for a minute or two to warm up, then add a light jog.
2. Single-Leg Lunge: While holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, put one foot on a workout bench behind you while keeping the other on the floor and lunge down. Repeat 10 to 12 reps. Switch to other leg and repeat.
3. Chest Press: Lie faceup on a bench. Holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, extend arms upwards and toward each other. Do 10 to 12 reps.
4. Tricep-dip: Stand in front of a workout bench, and place hands on bench with your legs straight out in front of you. Lower your body into a dip, supporting your body weight with your upper arms, then straighten arms to rise back up. Repeat 10 to 12 times.
5. Core work: Rest your back on an exercise ball and do 30 crunches.
Repeat the entire circuit three times. Do these series of movements three times per week.