Andi Dorfman, Josh Murray Predicted They Would Have Three Kids in Last Interview Before Split

Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray pose for Los Angeles Travel Magazine Credit: Huey Bui

Eek! Prior to suddenly calling off their engagement, Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray were contemplating having kids. During their last interview together, the former couple gushed to L.A. Travel magazine about their future plans for children and their happily ever after.

 

When asked where they saw themselves in five years, the former Bachelorette gushed: “Parents of two [kids] working on number three…[and] I hope we still live in Atlanta…but I want to feel like I can do it all. I want to feel like I can have a career in fashion [too].”

Murray, on the other hand, said nothing about having a family. “I’m big into health and fitness,” he told the magazine. “I love trying to change people’s lives for the better [but] I see myself still doing financial advising as well.”

The now exes, who split five months after their proposal finale aired, also told the mag they don’t try to recreate the over-the-top romantic dates they went on during the hit ABC show. “It’s not like we try and keep up with all these romantic dates that we went on,” Dorfman explained. Her then-fiance agreed: “I’ll never be able to one-up her on a date she’s been on, for sure!”

“We also saw a realness in each other while we were on these dates, and yes it was amazing to be in these castles and in these romantic places but it was more amazing to see our relationship happening and see the conversation that was coming about it,” Dorfman continued. “We got to do these incredible things that most people would be lucky to ever do, but you kind of take it as an isolative. We did that, it was amazing, but now it’s back to reality, and we love the reality part too.”

 

Unfortunately, for them, reality meant an end to their fairy tale. As previously reported by Us, the couple revealed in a joint statement they had decided to call it quits just three days after appearing together on the red carpet for the season 19 premiere of The Bachelor, where they said they’ve been slow to plan a wedding because of all their traveling.

"After several months of being engaged and working on our relationship, we have decided that it's best for both of us to go our separate ways," they said in a statement on Thursday, Jan. 8. "We are very sad that it has come to this point, but this is what's best for both of us individually. We will continue to be good friends and have nothing but great things to say about each other and wish each other the best."