Chyna's Manager: Her Death Is Likely an Accidental Overdose

Chyna likely overdosed on Ambien and Valium. Credit: Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images

Chyna's manager, Anthony Anzaldo, has revealed that the former WWE star most likely died from an accidental overdose of Ambien and Valium.

The Associated Press has reported Anzaldo’s belief that sleeping pills and tranquilizers were to blame for the 46-year-old's death.

"It's a 98 percent certainty and 2 percent speculation," said her manager, who discovered the former wrestler's body at her Redondo Beach, California, home on Wednesday, April 20.

Chyna, whose birth name was Joan Marie Laurer, was a lifelong insomniac, according to Anzaldo, who says she had prescriptions for Ambien and a generic version of the anti-anxiety drug Valium.

Her manager said that despite a history of drinking, there was no alcohol in her home at the time of her death, though he claims he suspects the sportswoman and actress had been "self-medicating a little bit more than she should have" because she had begun seeing a psychiatrist for the first time, was attending a women's domestic-violence group and had visited the grave of her estranged father.

"A lot was going on in her life emotionally," Anzaldo continued. "But she wasn't depressed; it was just a lot to deal with. She accidentally, over the course of two or three weeks, misused her legally prescribed medication," he added. "They're not going to find, like, 60 pills in her stomach."

The Los Angeles County coroner's office is still awaiting toxicology results to rule an official cause of death, though her passing has so far been reported as a possible overdose with prescription drugs, "but we don't know," the coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter said at the time.

Can't get enough of Us? Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter packed with the latest celeb news, hot pics and more!