Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss' Home Catches Fire
Heidi Fleiss' Thanksgiving morning got off to a rough start.
According to Fox 5 Vegas, the former Hollywood madam's home caught fire early Thursday. The 44-year-old resident of Pahrump, Nevada, was seen carrying out one of her pet birds as firemen put out the blaze.
Fleiss, who declined to speak to Fox 5 on camera, claimed the fire started in a chimney. Because it lacked a spark arrestor, sparks were able to escape into other parts of her home.
As of Thursday afternoon, local firefighters have yet to confirm Fleiss' account of the fire; they have not provided an estimate of the total damage.