Kanye West's Most Outrageous Quotes from His Jimmy Kimmel Live Interview
He's a genius! He's not a rapper, he's a "messenger"! Just when fans thought he couldn't get more outrageous,Â Kanye WestÂ appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, supposedly to end his public Twitter feud with the talk show host.Â
nstead, what ensued was a 22-minute rant (commercials excluded) from the Grammy-winning rapper about life, fashion, and being a creative genius.Â KimmelÂ essentially gave the Yeezus singer the floor to say whatever he wanted, and the outspoken star did not disappoint.Â
Here, Us Weekly rounds up some of West's most ridiculously obnoxious -- and memorable! -- statements:
1. On being misunderstood: "For me, I'm a creative genius. There's no other way to word it. I know you're not supposed to say that about yourself, and I say things the wrong way a lot of times, but my intention is always positive."Â
2. On splurging: "I spent two of my checks in telemarketing when I was 18-years-old on my first pair of Gucci slippers, and this was before there was H&M and Zara. You couldn't just find cool stuff when you were growing up, and, for me, I care about cool stuff. It means something to me."Â
3. On his occupation: "I wouldn't even say that I'm a rapper. I'd say I'm more of a messenger. So when you say 'rap beef' it sort of undermines it."
4. On his haters: "Everyone just looks at you like you're crazy and you don't crash the Internet."Â
5. On the Hollywood Walk of Fame: "I want to shout out to the stars on the Walk of Fame because they said something about they're not going to put my girl on the Walk of Fame because she's a reality star. People are so so dated and not modern. There's no way Kim Kardashian shouldn't have a star on the Walk of Fame."Â
6. On tweeting hate (in all caps!) to Jimmy Kimmel: "I just thought it was so amazing that I was saying this in real time in real life."Â
7. On leather jogging pants: "Fashion isn't always practical. It's emotional. It's more about swag. It's about p**sy. It's more about club, ya know? It's more about style and stuff."Â
8. On his pre-eminence in the fashion world: "Who do you know, who is known more for clothes than me?"
9. On the paparazzi: "The way paparazzi talk to me and my family is disrespectful. We bring something of joy to the world. When people hear my music, they have a good time. And I should be respected as such when I walk down the street.Â Don't ask me a question about something you saw in the tabloids, don't try to antagonize me, because you know what, it's not safe for you in this zoo. Don't think that I'm not from Chicago for one second."
10. On his mission: "It's about truth. It's about life. It's about awesomeness."