Olympic 1,500m runner Matt Centrowitz will be competing for a spot on the U.S. Olympic track team during the sport's trials in Eugene, Oregon, which run until July 10. Before he competed, he shared 25 fun facts about himself exclusively with Us Weekly.
1. My guilty pleasure is chick flicks.
2. My favorite type of food is barbecue.
3. A Nissan GT-R is my weekend car but not a first date car, to ensure the girl is in to me for me.
4. I am actually not a “junior”; my dad doesn’t have a middle name, and mine is Gerald.
5. Soccer was my first love.
6. My first kiss was in a movie theater in sixth grade.
7. I’ve been in one fight in my life and I ran away.
8. I can’t light a match.
9. My all-time favorite song is "Believe" by Cher.
10. My biggest fear is flying.
11. I’m a mama’s boy.
12. I choked on a Skittle at a young age and couldn’t swallow pills until college.
13. I’d pick a lake house over a beach house or mountain house.
14. I’m a sneaker head. I have two closets full of shoes. Sorry, ladies, no room for your stuff.
15. My go-to karaoke song is "No Scrubs" by TLC.
16. Ninety-five percent of my wardrobe is black clothing.
17. If I were two inches taller, I would be playing in the NBA.
18. My favorite city in the world is Monte Carlo.
19. Anyone with the last name Centrowitz is related to me.
20. I average several hours of video-gaming a day.
21. My favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye.
22. I’ve never lost a game in Monopoly. Just ask my sisters.
23. My first alcoholic drink was when I was 21.
24. I was banned from my local mall in high school.
25. I got five detentions in one week in middle school.