Rep: Charlie Sheen Checks Into Rehab
Charlie Sheen "has entered a rehabilitation facility," his rep told UsMagazine.com Tuesday.
The actor, 44, will accordingly take "some time off" from his CBS show Two and a Half Men. "He asked that his privacy be honored," the rep added. No further statements are planned.
In a joint statement to UsMagazine.com, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre stay they "support Charlie Sheen in his decision today to begin voluntary in-patient care at a treatment center. We wish him nothing but the best as he deals with this personal matter. Production on Two and a Half Men will be temporarily suspended."
It has been a volatile couple months for Sheen. On Feb. 8, he was formally charged in an Aspen court for the Dec. 25 incident in which he attacked his wife Brooke and threatened to kill her. He faces one to three years in prison for the felony menacing charge.
His 32 year-old wife, meanwhile, checked into rehab herself in early February for a reported crack addiction; she left Malibu's The Canyon on Monday following a privacy breach.
"Brooke voluntarily chose to leave The Canyon for purposes of privacy," her rep told Extra. "And immediately checked into an undisclosed facility to diligently continue her treatment."
The couple have two children: twins Bob and Max, born in March of last year.