Sandra Bullock Confronted Her Stalker Joshua Corbett Inside Her Home: Report

Celebrity News Jul. 15, 2014 AT 10:00AM
Sandra Bullock at the 66th annual Directors Guild of America Awards Sandra Bullock confronted her stalker inside her home, according to a search warrant recently obtained by TMZ. Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

Terrifying! Sandra Bullock came face-to-face with the home intruder who broke into her L.A.-area home last month, TMZ reported Tuesday, July 15.

The site obtained the search warrant, which allowed police to search Joshua Corbett's home after the incident for weapons. In it, the chilling confrontation between the Oscar winner and the perp is outlined in detail.

PHOTOS: Celebrity real estate

Bullock, 49, heard a loud banging inside her $16 million mansion, early Sunday, June 8, according to the documents. The Blind Side actress went to close and lock her bedroom door, when she came into direct contact with Corbett, who was standing in the hallway wearing dark garb.

Bullock immediately slammed the door shut, locked it, and called 911. The warrant also reveals that the star had showered before heading to bed, which meant Corbett could have been standing within her vicinity the entire time.

PHOTOS: Celebrity meltdowns and scandals

Once police arrived, Corbett allegedly screamed outside her door, "Sandy, I'm sorry. Please don't press charges."

The warrant disturbingly reveals that 39-year-old Corbett carried a notebook splayed with cut-out images of Bullock alongside handwritten notes—one claiming, "I will forever be thinking of you and Louie, my son, as you are my wife by law, the law of God and you belong to me and me to you." (Louis is Bullock's 4-year-old son.)

PHOTOS: Sandra's life with Louis

D.A. office spokesperson Greg Risling confirmed to Us Weekly in June that Bullock "was inside" her home when the break-in occurred. A source said Louis was with a nanny, although it remains unclear whether her child was on the premises during the invasion.

Another source close to Bullock told Us that the star was "totally freaked out by what happened," resulting in her "hiring around-the-clock security."

PHOTOS: Sandra's red carpet style

Corbett was charged with burglary and stalking, along with 19 felony counts for possessing "an arsenal of weapons, including a half dozen machine guns," as the District Attorney's Office announced in June. If convicted, he faces more than 12 years behind bars.

comments powered by Disqus

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT