Pucci, Prabal Gurung and Jenny Packham are the objects of Kate Hudson's fashion obsession, and the 5-foot-6 mom's knack for easy glamor has turned the engaged Glee guest star into a bonafide style icon. "I like wearing clothes that are comfortable and free-flowing," Hudson, 34, has said. "If I can't walk . . . forget it!"
Engaged to Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, Hudson -- mom of sons Ryder, 9, and Bingham, 22 months -- favors jeans paired with boots when out and about, and dazzles in silk and chiffon column gowns on the red carpet. "Kate makes transitioning from bohemian mom to modern-day Grace Kelly look quick and simple!" raves designer Reem Acra.
Here, Us Weekly offers five easy ways to copy Kate's style!
1. Dress up leather: Take a cue from Hudson and add a pop of color to a basic black skirt, like the Michael Kors pencil version the actress wore for an April 24 outing in New York City. To accessorize, check out baubles from Hudson-loved jewelry line Jennifer Meyer.
2. Layer textures: Hudson looked effortlessly chic April 22 in the Big Apple when pairing Ermanno Scervino's perforated top with Plein Sud leather pants. Stay true to Hudson's aesthetic and add 5-inch heels (she loves Brian Atwood) to any look.
3. Stick with one color: Hudson was a vision in Jenny Packham at an April event in NYC. "I like wearing white!" says Hudson, who also favors designers including Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney.
4. Flaunt your physique: The right outfit can go a long way, but confidence is key when it comes to mirroring Hudson's chic style. Take a cue from the star's look at the 2013 Elle Style Awards in London, where she showed off her sculpted arms without care in Stella McCartney.
5. Elevate casual basics: Hudson isn't content with just the bare minimum when it comes to dressing on her off-days. On Jan. 26, an Iro jacket added polish to a Siwy Denim and cotton button-down ensemble.