25 Things You Don't Know About Me: Bret Michaels
Bret Michaels, 47, (he just finished his latest reality show, VH1's Life As I Know It) gives UsMagazine.com a backstage tour of his life.
1. As a type 1 diabetic, I've taken more than 250,000 injections and blood tests.
2. I lost my virginity at a fish hatchery.
3. I am very superstitious about the way I enter and exit the stage.
4. I feel lucky to be one of the 20 percent of people to survive the type of brain hemorrhage I had.
5. I have three daughters: Raine, 10, Jorja, 5, and a sponsored child named Mizosi, 11.
6. I wrote "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" in a Laundromat in Dallas.
7. My first career choice was to race motorcross.
8. I was born in Pittsburgh and am a Steelers, Pirates, Penguins and Pitt fanatic.
9. I wrote and produced a song for Stevie Nicks.
10. I support our troops, as most of my family served in the military.
11. I learned to play music by ear.
12. I love throwing a backstage bus party every night.
13. I snipped the umbilical cord when Raine and Jorja were born.
14. I'm addicted to peanut butter.
15. I suffer from insomnia since my brain hemorrhage.
16. I graduated with only a GED, but with determination I won NBC's Celebrity Apprentice.
17. I love humor and am very self-deprecating.
18. I have dogs, horses, cats, rats, etc. I love animals!
19. I hate cocky, arrogant, self-centered people.
20. I created a line of Dean Guitars.
21. I am a rocker who loves country music.
22. I will have heart surgery in January.
23. I still play music for the love of it.
24. I party in the big city but must live in the country.
25. I truly believe you have to make every day count. After the year I have had, you have to trust me on that one.