The Dr. Oz Show star Mehmet Oz, 49, (his syndicated medical talk show airs weekdays) shares the 25 things you don't know about him with UsMagazine.com.
1. Dr. Oz is my real name. I am Turkish and the name means pure.
2. I do a yoga mix with calisthenics every morning for seven minutes.
3. I still perform heart surgeries and feel that is my calling in life.
4. My favorite veggie is okra.
5. I watch House when I work out.
6. I broke my leg playing football in high school.
7. My favorite musician is Bruce Springsteen.
8. I thought I was a good dancer until I saw myself on my show.
9. I got engaged to my wife, Lisa, at 23, which was the smartest move I ever made.
10. When Lisa met me, she thought I was the waiter.
11. I sold firewood in college.
12. I drove my father's car off a "cliff" in our backyard and got caught in a tree.
13. I make a mean boiled water.
14. My family thinks that I'm a cat whisperer since our cats lie on top of me when I sleep.
15. I need to live by the water.
16. I transplanted Frank Torre, brother of Yankee manager Joe Torre, just before the 1996 World Series. I got to ride in the Ticker Tape Parade after they won.
17. My favorite song is John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change."
18. I hit a home run in Yankee Stadium (batting practice).
19. Conan had my dressing room before me at 30 Rock. Letterman preceded him.
20. My kids call me a squirrel for always eating nuts.
21. My wife calls me a gypsy for always carrying food around with me.
22. I hate red lights at 6 A.M. on my way to work.
23. As a kid, I wanted to be Captain Kirk.
24. I don't mind seeing my kids mad. I believe they'll mature better if they're not too comfortable in life.
25. I can touch my tongue to my nose.