Max Greenfield plays a self-described ladies' man named Schmidt on the FOX series New Girl. His performance has earned him his first Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. But who is Greenfield really? Us Weekly uncovers some fun facts about the 31-year-old actor.
1. He's pen pals with Gwyneth Paltrow! Greenfield told Us Weekly in July, "We e-mail all the time but I've never met her. I just think her website [GOOP] is fun! And I think she's fun!" And the feeling is mutual, Paltrow introduced Greenfield's entry on her blog by calling him "the kind of guy you lusted after at your cousin's Bar Mitzvah."
2. He still gets starstruck. The actor was learned about his Emmy nomination while filming They Came Together in NYC. "I think the third person to tell me was Paul Rudd," Greenfield told Us of his latest movie costar. "And I remember having a feeling like, 'I can't believe this is happening! Two years ago I was auditioning for The Disney Channel, and now Paul Rudd is saying, 'Hey man, congratulations on your Emmy nomination!'"
3. He misses his time on Veronica Mars. "I made a lot of friends on that show and I'm still close to some of the producers and some of the writers," he tells After Elton. "It was just a great experience. It was just a really good learning experience as far as TV went for me. I loved the role and I loved everybody on that show."
4. He's off the market. In real life, Greenfield is married to Tess Sanchez and has a 2-year-old daughter named Lily. "It is crazy," Greenfield told Us in April about being a dad. "It's our first kid, and all of a sudden, she identifies letters as what they are, and you go, 'This kid is a genius -- she's obviously some sort of savant!'"
5. He works hard for his body. According to The Daily, Greenfield does CrossFit four to five times a week -- especially since he loves chocolate-covered biscotti and cookie sandwiches.