Arsenio Hall Show Cancelled Three Months After Jay Leno Announced Its Renewal
Adios, Arsenio! Arsenio Hall's late-night talk show has been cancelled after one season, Variety reports.
"Unfortunately, The Arsenio Hall Show will not return for a second season; while there are many loyal fans of the show, the series did not grow its audience enough to continue," CBS said in a statement.
"Arsenio is a tremendous talent and we'd like to thank him for all the hard work and energy he put into the show. We'd also like to thank Tribune and all our station group partners for their support of the show." (The show was a revival from his original late-night series, which ran from 1989 to 1994.)
The news comes three months after Jay Leno made a surprise appearance on the CBS show to tell Hall, 58, that it had been given a second year. After the initial pickup, Hall issued a statement of his own.
Credit: CBS /Landov
"Since 9/9/13, I've been waking up without an alarm clock. Producing and hosting my late-night talk show brings me great joy," he said at the time. "I'm back where I belong!"
As for now, the Celebrity Apprentice alum seems to be thankful for at least the short-lived run. On May 30, Hall cryptically tweeted: "Better to have loved and lost…"