Jack Quaid may have a rather short filmography resume, but his latest role in The Hunger Games means that he's set to be one of the rising stars in Hollywood soon enough.
"I do something horrible to someone very small and cute, and then I have my ass handed to me immediately after," the 19-year-old tells Interview magazine about his character, District 1 Career tribute Marvel. "When I got cast, I was told that people would be spitting on me in the streets."
Below, see what there is to know about the teenage actor.
1. He's the only child of Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid. "I've been on sets all my life, but this is the first time I wasn't eating Sour Patch Kids from the slidelines!" he tells Us Weekly.
2. He's currently enrolled in college. "I'm in a sketch comedy group in school and I also do stand-up," he tells Us of his extracurricular activities as a theater major at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, where he's currently a sophomore.
3. The Hunger Games is his big-screen debut. Besides school projects and a short called Sitting Babies, the Gary Ross-directed flick is Jack's biggest silver screen moment to date.
4. He was put on a junk food diet for his role. "I kept getting told, 'You need to bulk up. Burgers and shakes. Burgers and shakes,'" he recounts to Us, adding he hated weight-training sessions. "That's never been my thing."
5. The weapons were his favorite part about filming. "One of the District 10 tributes taught me to fight with a spear," he tells Us. "From that moment, I knew I was in for a crazy awesome experience."