Meredith Vieira: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
Meredith Vieira shares the 25 things you don't know about her with Us Weekly. The journalist, 59, will host Millionaire's Countdown to the Oscars week Feb. 18-22.
1. If I could, I would wear jeans, a white T-shirt and clogs every day.
2. I prefer purple Popsicles.
3. When I was a child, another girl called me fat and I never got over it.
4. Heaven to me is walking or running along a deserted beach on Cape Cod.
5. When I'm alone in the car, I sing at the top of my lungs. I actually think I sound good!
6. In fourth grade, my glee club director told me to mouth the words.
PHOTOS: Stars' Big Breaks
7. On one of my first dates with my husband, Richard, he bought two lobsters to cook -- but I made him release them.
8. My heart wants me to become a vegan, but my stomach craves lobster salad. Hypocrite!
9. I still get nervous before I go on-air.
10. When I fly, I carry a stuffed Sylvester Puddy Tat. My mom gave it to me when I started at CBS News because I had to travel and was scared of flying.
11. I have no sense of direction.
12. My favorite time of day is dusk.
13. My sexual awakening came at 10 when I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I hugged my pillow pretending it was Paul McCartney.
14. I do still hug my pillow. However, I am no longer delusional.
PHOTOS: Top 10 TV Shows of 2012
15. My first day in New York, a pigeon pooped on my head.
16. I love pigeons. And hats.
17. I worry too much about what other people think.
18. My favorite interviews are with kids because they never worry about what other people think.
19. I love Jean Naté After-Bath Splash.
20. Growing up, I knew my parents loved me, but they rarely said it. So I make a point of telling my three kids every time we talk.
21. I enjoy laughing so hard I cry.
PHOTOS: Downton Abbey: Secrets From Behind the Scenes
22. I hate laughing so hard I pee.
23. I'm addicted to Downton Abbey, Homeland and The Bachelor. A psychiatrist could have a field day!
24. I started smoking at 15 and quit in 1988 when I learned I was pregnant.
25. If I make it to 90, I plan to celebrate my birthday in Paris with a glass of wine and a cigarette. Just one.