Tony Lucca: 5 Things You Don't Know About The Voice Singer
Christina Aguilera may have not remembered former Mickey Mouse Club costar Tony Lucca when he resurfaced on The Voice this week, but fans of the NBC singing competition are sure to take note now that the singer is competing as part of Adam Levine's team.
Here, Us Weekly uncovers five need-to-know details about the early Voice favorite.
1. He may not have been seen on TV for the last few years, but he's definitely been heard. Now a touring solo artist, Lucca's music has been heard in the background on shows including ex-Mousketeer (and ex-girlfriend) Keri Russell's Felicity, Friday Night Lights and Brothers & Sisters.
2. Though Aguilera failed to remember their MMC connection at first, Lucca insists there's no hard feelings toward his former cast mate. "The way she came in and went down memory lane was extremely flattering," Lucca says. "Her sentiments were very genuine and honest, and it was legitimately cool to reconnect. Everything was going to be a little bizarre in front of a camera, but I couldn't have been happier with the way it went down."
3. Britney Spears may have crushed on him during MMC, but Lucca insists they had a brother-sister bond. Meeting Spears when he was 17 and she was 11, Lucca -- now a married father of two -- was dating Keri Russell at the time. "Britney and Christina just thought the world of [Keri] and really looked up to her. Maybe in that light, it would've been apparent that there might've been a crush, but not something that was ever acted upon. It was much more like little sister type thing."
4. Lucca still maintains friendships with his fellow Mouseketeers. Still in touch with former *NSync-ers Justin Timberlake and JC Chasez -- who took him on as an opening act in their heyday -- Lucca also keeps up with Ryan Gosling. "I see Ryan all the time in Hollywood when I'm out there," Lucca explains. He's a man about town, and we seem to bump into each other quite a bit, and he's still a great friend as well. I'll tell you, it's an amazing family to be a member of."
5. He's glad he's on Team Adam. Worried about Aguilera's reaction going into his blind audition, Lucca is pleased to work with Levine this season. "I was looking forward to working with Adam. I just thought maybe it might be a little awkward if I wound up on Christina's team, let alone down the line if she should have to pick between me and someone else," he says. "The fact that [our connection] didn't don on her until after the blind audition sort of made that a little easier."