He may be Reese Witherspoon's fiance, but Jim Toth was hanging with the A-list long before he slipped that 4-carat, $250,000 sparkler on her finger. An agent for Creative Artists Agency in L.A., the Aliquippa, Pennsylvania native, 40, was known to hit the town with clients like Matthew McConaughey and other big screen heavyweights.
As Toth readies for the walk down the aisle (his first, Witherspoon's second), UsMagazine.com uncovers more need-to-know tidbits about the groom, who has been dating Witherspoon, 35, since January 2010.
1. He had humble beginnings. After moving to L.A., Toth toiled in the CAA mailroom before working his way to rep Scarlet Johansson, Robert Downey, Jr and others. Witherspoon is also a CAA client, but Toth has never represented her.
2. He's brainy. Toth graduated from L.A.'s Loyola Marymount University with a degree in political science.
3. He's a macho man. He loves sports and counts The Godfather: Part II among his favorite flicks. He's no slouch when it comes to fitness either. Toth has shown off his buff physique during runs with Witherspoon near their L.A. home in the Brentwood neighborhood.
4. Witherspoon loves doting on him. "Reese is all about Jim," a source close to the actress told Us. "She visits him at the office and sends him treats like cookies and danish. She just adores him."
5. Her kids think he's cool. Witherspoon's daughter Ava, 11, and son Deacon, 7, (with ex Ryan Phillippe) love hanging with Toth. "He definitely lets Reese do the parenting and is more of a fun friend for the kids," a source told Us. "He's a guys-guy and Reese has made a big point for Deacon to get to know him. When they hang out, they play ball or watch football."
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!