Aly Raisman has made her second Olympic gymnastics team and is ready to defend her two 2012 gold medals (in the team event and floor). After the August 5 opening ceremony, the Feat by Aly sock designer will begin qualifications on August 7.
While the 22-year-old is exhausted by her sport (“I’m so happy with a cup of tea in bed at like 7:30,” the team captain has told Us Weekly), she made time to share 25 interesting facts about herself with Us.
1. I hate grapefruit and celery.
2. I watched the 1996 Womens’ Olympic Team final every day as a kid. I saw it for the first time when I was 8. My mom had a VHS tape.
3. My favorite shoes for lounging, traveling and shopping are Reebok Skyscapes.
4. I love sushi.
5. I have two dogs and I am obsessed with them.
6. I train inside all day, so I love walking outside — I love the fresh air!
7. My favorite part of the day is coming home after practice and putting my Revision Skincare products on my face.
8. One makeup product I can’t live without is either lip gloss or baby-pink lipstick.
9. I love Celine Dion.
10. I am a professional shower singer and car singer. (I sound really good in the car, as long as the music is turned up!)
11. My arms get so tired from bar routines that I sometimes don’t brush my hair!
12. If I weren’t a gymnast, I’d be a soccer player.
13. I’m a grandma. I’m 22 going on 50.
14. I secretly wish I could go shopping with Taylor Swift and Blake Lively. (Who doesn’t?)
15. My mom put me in gymnastics when I was 2. I always wonder what I’d be doing if she hadn’t.
16. I have watched Gossip Girl the whole way through twice and have no shame watching it again.
17. My favorite leotards are the patriotic ones from my signature collection with GK Elite.
18. I would be a horrible hockey player or ice-skater — I can’t walk on the ice without wiping out.
19. I’m the girliest person I know.
20. I can literally shop until I drop.
21. [Ukrainian] Lilia Podkopayeva is my favorite gymnast. It is my dream to meet her.
22. I am the oldest of four, but my younger sister bosses me around.
23. I love the beach.
24. I daydream about the Olympics 24/7.
25. I am only good at gymnastics — I’m extremely uncoordinated in any other sport.