Juggling Jack — and work!
Anna Faris and her husband, Chris Pratt, are beyond grateful for their careers, but family time with their 3-year-old son, Jack, is what makes them the happiest. The Mom actress revealed what they enjoy doing during their downtime in an exclusive interview with Us Weekly on Thursday, January 21.
"We love to go hiking. Chris will carry Jack on this amazing hiker backpack thing that’s pretty awesome," Faris, 39, told Us. "We love to just do normal things, go to the aquarium. Go to the zoo. But mostly we just really cherish our time at home because lately it’s been tricky. Chris has been shooting away in Atlanta and I’ve been shooting in L.A." (Pratt has been filming Passengers while Faris works on her CBS comedy, Mom.)
"We spend a lot of time at home building fires and just cooking and just being together. Just enjoying the simple times too," the Unqualified podcast host continued. "Now that Chris is, like, a crazy huge movie star, going out is just a whole different thing. It’s just a whole different weird. We look at each other sometimes and we’re like, ‘Oh, my God.' Because it just feels very surreal sometimes since we both grew up in Washington state. We just are sort of cherishing these times." (Pratt became a bona fide A-list heartthrob with hits such as Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy.)
Faris and the Parks and Recreation alum, 36, married in 2009 after nearly two years of dating. On Thursday, Faris, who recently teamed with the Lay’s Flavor Swap campaign (a contest to choose a new chip flavor!), also revealed what she's learned from their romance.
Here are five tips the actress has for maintaining a great relationship:
1. "Don't tease, even if it seems harmless, because that can be a downward … that can be a rapidly increasing spiral, and then you’re actually teasing people and it really gets to a bad pattern."
2. "Be kind and treat one another like you would to a friend. Truly be kind and supportive."
3. "I think if you’re engaged and you have doubts, break off the engagement instead of getting married, even though it’s embarrassing." (Faris was married to actor Ben Indra from 2004 to 2008.)
— Anna Faris (@AnnaKFaris) January 16, 2016
4. "Definitely go on a honeymoon right after the wedding. Don’t wait. Don’t put it off because it’s like the post-Christmas feeling. You need to have something to look forward to."
5. "It’s OK to go to bed angry. I think men in particular sometimes just need time and they just need it and they won’t be able to be rational. And women too. I don’t mean to gender stereotype but they won’t be able to think rationally until their anger has dissipated."
All eight Lay's flavors will be available in retail stores when voting opens February 8, 2016. One lucky fan will walk away with $250,000 just for casting their vote at FlavorSwap.com.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!