Consider it handled. Scandal star Bellamy Young opened up to Us Weekly with 25 things you might not know about her. You can catch the 47-year-old actress, who plays President Mellie Grant on the hit ABC series, Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET.
1. I’m a crazy good knitter.
2. I have a tree named Oliver Sacks [for the celebrated neurologist and author].
3. I walk six miles a day.
4. I’m a night owl.
5. I endowed a scholarship at Yale University (’cause that’s how I got to go there).
6. I foster animals — as an adoptee, I really feel that no life is disposable.
7. My fave cocktail is a Sidecar.
8. Biggest luxury? Travel. And never anywhere twice. Life’s too short, and there’s too much to see.
9. I won Celebrity Jeopardy!
10. For me, little white lights make everything better.
11. I learned Spanish in elementary school and used to think it was cool to pretend to be a foreign exchange student when I was in middle school.
12. I’ve had the same best friend since seventh grade.
13. I tried to learn to play violin when I was 7, but my chin wasn’t meant for it.
14. If I really love a book, I never read the last page because I never want the story to be over.
15. My mom was an English teacher, so grammar and punctuation are my jam.
16. I always make a wish when it’s 1:11, 2:22, etc.
17. I drive an electric car (and love it). I haven’t been to a gas station in two years.
18. I stopped eating meat before I ever got to try sushi.
19. My first role: The Sound of Music’s Gretl when I was 5, at Parkway Playhouse in Burnsville, North Carolina, where my dad grew up.
20. One set of grandparents worked in a textile mill; the other worked for the railroad (grandpa) and sold Avon and antiques (grandma).
21. I think fireflies are pure magic.
22. I’m currently obsessed with chocolate-coated cherry Square Organics bars.
23. I think it’s really important to remember people’s birthdays. And to say thank you for big things and small.
24. A good John Hughes movie can fix almost anything.
25. I dream of singing at the Hollywood Bowl one day.
For the latest celebrity entertainment, news and lifestyle videos, subscribe to Us Weekly’s YouTube Page.
For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on Youtube!