This is gonna be good. Donald Trump is looking forward to sitting down with his nemesis Megyn Kelly for an upcoming interview. The GOP front-runner told Us Weekly at the Time 100 gala in New York City on Tuesday, April 26, that he “respects” that Kelly reached out to him following their August spat.
As previously reported, the real-estate mogul, 69, said she “bombed” as a co-moderator for the GOP’s presidential primary debate, during which she questioned his previous comments about women. He later demanded an apology, but Kelly refused to back down.
The Fox News commentator revealed during an April 13 broadcast that she has since mended things with the controversial businessman who dubbed her a “bimbo” in a January tweet. According to Kelly, 45, the two met at Trump Tower in New York to clear the air.
“I just have great respect for the fact that she was able to and willing to call me and wanted to set the record straight,” Trump told Us on Tuesday. “I have great respect for that. That took a lot of courage.”
That said, the former Apprentice star is still hesitant about sitting across from the feisty blonde.
“I think it'll be a good interview,” Trump added. “She's very talented and I think it'll be a very good interview — I hope. But I really respect the fact that she was able to pick up the phone to clear the air because I'm not sure that I would have done it, but that's OK.”
The interview is set to air on Fox's special Megyn Kelly Presents on Tuesday, May 17, at 8 p.m. ET.
Sign up now for the Us Weekly newsletter to get breaking celebrity news, hot pics and more delivered straight to your inbox!