It's been three years since Chris Brown bloodied and bruised his then-girlfriend Rihanna, but it seems as if Grammy Awards executive producer Ken Ehrlich has lost sight of who the true victim really was.
Noting that Brown, 22, "has not been on the Grammys for the past few years," Ehrlich defended his decision to invite the "Beautiful People" singer to perform at Sunday's show. "It may have taken us a while to kind of get over the fact that we were the victim of what happened."
(Producers scrambled to fill air time after both Brown and Rihanna, 23, pulled out of their previously scheduled performances.)
"We're glad to have him back," Ehrlich told ABC News Radio days before Brown took the stage. "I think people deserve a second chance, you know?"
Brown was sentenced to five years probation; a judge also ordered him to stay away from his ex, which was later modified. The "Turn Up the Music" singer has apologized publicly many times, which is why Ehrlich was willing to give him another shot.
"What he's done and what he's done to reclaim his career and seemingly the kind of person that he has become makes him — I don't even want to use the word eligible — but you know, it's time," Ehrlich said.
Brown performed twice at Sunday's show and even won an award — much to another music superstar's chagrin.
"Chris Brown twice? I don't get it," country singer Miranda Lambert tweeted. "He beat on a girl. Not cool that we act like that didn't happen."